Wednesday, February 3, 2010

blake jamison williams

Blake has been busy in the studio working on a piece for "Multiples of Five" and she wanted to share her progress.

she provided the following background for her current work:

"I learned how to make traditional flowers in China when I was at the Pottery Workshop in Jingdezhen. There, I created dogwoods using this technique with Jingdezhen porcelain. When I returned home to Michigan, I combined left-over wire from a previous piece ("Takt") with the porcelain dogwoods from China to create the first small version of "Resilience"
For Multiples of 5, I will create a much larger version of this piece. The dogwoods in the new piece will be created from Laguna's Frost porcelain."








"takt"


see more of Blake's work at:
www.blakejwilliams.com

No comments:

Post a Comment